This is Panda Poet
It is Spryfox’ multiplayer variant of their kindle game for the Chrome webstore. I want to strongly stress that this is a fantastic game that is in a state of rapid development. It’s only been publicly released for a short time and this critique is sincerely meant purely to be constructive.
- Playing on the larger board makes a pretty big difference. People need to get the opportunity to try it before they buy it.
- Music starts to play immediately and you can’t disable it till after the tutorial
- When the game is over, the rematch button displaces the view replay one
- You can’t share replays. I’d imagine this would be reasonable to do with some Scrabble®-like notation
- You can’t spectate other people’s games. This would help new players learn strategy and also add an element of spectator sport to the game.
- Win/Loss is meaningless as you can selectively delete your history at will. Perhaps a time limited match ranking system? Perhaps charge purely for “pro” matchmaking instead of playing random strangers?
- Without negotiated time limits, players often leave the round hanging when they know they’re going to lose.